Sunday, April 8, 2012

My Kind of Chinatown

One of my favorite parts of living in Chicago is the diversity and mesh of cultures within the city limits. From the curries of Devon Ave. to the flaming saganaki of Greektown, there's always a new experience right around the corner.

Darn it - now I'm craving saganaki... *drool*

I've been dragging Brian all over the ding dang place ever since we moved here last summer, determined to show him the real Chicago; it's not just full of glittery tourist attractions like Navy Pier (overrated) and The Magnificent Mile (overcrowded), but a place alive with rich cultures and cuisines.

Which is why I dragged his cute butt all the way down to Chinatown.

Chicago's Chinatown may not be as large as NYC or San Francisco's, but it more than makes up for it in its charm.

And the dim sum ain't so bad either. :)




That is some old cake!




Of course I spotted polka dots! :)


I heart Chinese curios.



No comments:

Post a Comment