Thursday, August 2, 2012

New *Borrowed* Toy: 35mm 1.4/f lens

One of my many photography goals is to try out some new lenses to test their capabilities and to see if I could work them into my repertoire. Since I'm too frugal to actually buy new lenses at this point (especially since the ones I'm looking at are $1,500+ each!) I rent them for a far more reasonable rate from my friendly neighborhood camera shop.

One of the many lenses on my list to try out was the 35 mm 1.4/f lens. I got a bit frustrated at a past wedding when my 50mm 1.4/f didn't do the job in confined spaces, so out of desperation I used my kit lens - which still provided some great pictures, but I would have preferred using a prime lens. 

All in all, I enjoyed testing out this beauty of a lens, which allowed a larger field of view as well as the ability to get up close and personal with my cats. Very versatile and just so darn cute. And the bokeh is to die for! :)

...drat. Now I want one....

And now some test shots with this beaut:

Brian and I blundered into Taste of Lincoln Avenue, which really wasn't as tasty as I was hoping. At least I found some cool looking signs at one of the craft tents.




I made cupcakes for my dad's birthday. He's 61 years young.

The cupcake cups were supposed to be turquoise and polka-dotted. Turns out that red velvet cake batter bleeds through them like permanent marker on a white sheet of paper. 

Lesson learned.



And for once in his furry life, Sokka was a pretty willing modeling subject! 



Awwwwww you can see the freckles on his nose. 

:)




No comments:

Post a Comment