Sunday, February 17, 2013

FLASH! Ahhhh....Savoir of the Universe!

*Yes, the subject is a reference to Flash Gordon, a pretty obscure Queen song. I figured it fit the topic of this post quite nicely. :)

I've been meaning to buy the Nikon SB-900 Speedlight for quite some time, but kept putting it off and renting it instead since my photography style typically calls for natural rather than man-made light.

However, I do realize that in certain instances (especially for weddings and receptions) natural light alone won't cut it. As an early birthday present, Brian decided it was high time for me to stop being, as he calls it, "overly frugal" and bought me the newest version of the flash, the Nikon SB-910 Speedlight.

I won't bore you with the specs, but rest assured this flash is pretty supafly. The best feature, IMO? If you have a remote flash trigger (like a PocketWizard), you can use it as an off-camera flash. Plus, if I choose to buy/rent another flash in the future, this one can act as a "Master", controlling another off-camera flash for ultimate lighting control.

Take a look. Isn't it pretty? Pretty sure Brian's got a decent shot at winning "Husband of the Year" in 2013.

:)








No comments:

Post a Comment